- “We”, “our”, and “us” means PowerDreams and the websites through which it conducts business, including, without limitation, powerdreams.com, www.pass-the-bar.com, www.bookactingwork.com, www.keytocreativity.com, www.keytocreate.com, www.pdprofessional.com, www.bookleadingroles.com, www.entreprenesse.com and www.powerdreams15.com (collectively, the “PowerDreams Sites”).
- “You” and “your” means any individual who visits any of the PowerDreams Sites, and submits Personal Information.
- “Personal Information” means information about you that we collect. This may include your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, email address, telephone number, law school, class year and state in which you plan to or have taken the bar exam.
- “Subcontractor” means a third party that is not owned or controlled by PowerDreams, but that has been retained to provide certain services on our behalf. Subcontractors do not have the right to use the Personal Information that we collect beyond what is necessary to assist us. Subcontractors are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information that we collect and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by PowerDreams.
- “Opt-out” means a choice that you can make to prevent the sharing or use of some, or all, of your Personal Information. Your ability to opt-out is explained in greater detail below.
- “Opt-in” means a choice that you make to allow us to use, or share, some, or all, of your Personal Information. Your ability to opt-in is explained in greater detail below.
- Collection of Information
- Our Purpose for Collecting Information. We collect Personal Information from you, and about you, to provide you with products and information that you request, and to enhance your online experience.
- The Sources from Which We Collect Information. We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Passive Collection. We automatically collect information such as your Internet Service Provider, the pages that you visit, your browser type, your computer operating system, the site that you report having been referred from, and time of access. We store this information in a web server log. We use this information to improve your experience on our website and to aid in the diagnosis of website problems. We also collect information through 'cookies'. A 'cookie' is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit one of our websites. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser and customize your experience. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- Active Collection. We may collect Personal Information by asking you to fill out an order form online, or email a form to us, which asks for Personal Information such as your name, mailing address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address. We also may collect information about you that may or may not be personally identifiable, such as what school you attend, your class year, the courses you are taking, websites you frequent, study habits and state bar exams you have taken or plan to take.
- Collection of Information from Children. We do not seek information from children. If you are under 13, you should not provide us with any information without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- PowerDreams' Use of Personal Information
If you provide your Personal Information to us, we may use that information to send you news and information about our company, our products, or our services, that we determine, in our sole judgment, may be of interest to you.
- Your Ability to Opt-Out from Receiving Materials from PowerDreams
At any time you may choose to opt-out from receiving materials from us. You can opt-out of receiving materials by clicking on an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of an email that you receive from us, or by calling our customer service department at (310) 910-9383.
- PowerDreams' Ability to Share your Personal Information
- Generally. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or companies except in the situations described below.
- Sharing Your Information with Subcontractors. From time to time we may share Personal Information with Subcontractors that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, the creation or maintenance of our databases, or research and analysis concerning the people who request information from us.
- Sharing Your Information with Publishers. In some instances, we may share your information with the publisher, copyright holder or author of the products you purchase from us. These parties may use your information to send you updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
- Sharing Your Information with Law Enforcement. We fully cooperate with reasonable requests for information from law enforcement agencies. As a result, we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property or safety of PowerDreams, you, or one of our other customers.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your Personal Information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your Personal Information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims against us.
- Transfers. In the unlikely event that PowerDreams or substantially all of PowerDreams' assets, are acquired, your Personal Information will be transferred to the acquiring company. In such a situation, you will be provided with notice that a transfer of your Personal Information has occurred.
- Security of Your Information
PowerDreams has instituted measures designed to ensure that your Personal Information is secure, and is not disclosed to individuals or entities that are not authorized to receive it.
- Removal of Your Personal Information
Once you have provided Personal Information to us, we may store and maintain that information indefinitely unless you direct us otherwise. If you wish us to cease storing your Personal Information, you may request that we do so by contacting customer service department through our “Contact Us” form on a PowerDreams Site or by calling our customer service department at (310) 910-9383.
- Other Websites
Our website, or our emails, may link to non-PowerDreams websites. It is also possible that non-PowerDreams websites or emails may link to our website. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by any third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any Personal Information.
- Questions or Comments
What Personal Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
Information you actively submit. You may choose to provide certain personal information through this site. This “Personal Information” may include your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), telephone number, credit card information, school you attend, your class year, the courses you are taking, websites you frequent, study habits and state bar exams you have taken or plan to take.. You may be asked to provide this information when you register to create an account, complete an order, or contact us with a question or comment.
You will need to provide Personal Information in the following instances:
Creating an account.
You will need to create a new password-protected account to complete an order online. To create an account, we require that you provide us with the following Personal Information: your valid email address, and your first and last names.
Completing an order
To complete an order, we require you to access your password protected account. You will access stored Personal Information or be asked to submit additional Personal Information such as your credit card number and billing address.
To contact our Customer Service Team online with any questions, you will need to provide your name and email address. You can also contact us by telephone.
We use the Personal Information described above to fulfill your orders, provide customer support, communicate with you and to enhance your online experience.
Except as described below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are not our affiliates without your consent. We do not sell or exchange customer lists or customer information for marketing purposes with unaffiliated third parties, and will not do so without your express permission. We may share anonymous, aggregate information concerning the demographic makeup of our customers to unrelated third parties.
We may share Personal Information we collect for business purposes with companies and individuals who provide servicing, administrative, marketing, and other services for us, or on our behalf. Companies we hire to provide such services are only permitted, by contract, to use your information for the performance of the specific services we have requested of them.
We may disclose Personal Information to government and regulatory authorities as permitted or required by applicable law, to enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site. When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies.
Automatically collected information
Our web servers automatically collect anonymous information about a visitor’s IP address, browser type and referrer by reading this information from your browser. This information is collected in a database and is used to help us recognize you each time you return to our site. This information is automatically logged by most websites.
Information collected using cookies
We may use various kinds of software devices, such as “cookies” to collect information about Internet use. These small files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that Web sites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some portions of this site (and other sites) may not work properly if you do this.
Information collected using pixel tags or clear GIFs
We may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies to help us understand the effectiveness of our email marketing efforts. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The "message format" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The "message open" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message and, in some cases, whether you have forwarded our email message. We can only detect this if your have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect the Personal Information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Nonaffiliated third parties are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality, and are not permitted to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or for any purpose other than that we have requested of them. To further secure your Personal Information:
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to prevent Personal Information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
We cross check an email address with the submitted password to validate access to your customer account.
We do not allow any email address to access more than one account. When a new account is created, we require you to submit an email address that is not associated with an existing account.
We may, but are not required to, update this policy from time to time. Accordingly, you should periodically check this web site for any changes.